Monday, June 1, 2009

hungry

Just about 45 minutes ago I was sitting in my office doing some work / eating lunch. I was enjoying some wonderful homemade vegetable beef stew my mom made yesterday. I got a call in my office and it was someone calling our 800 line. She called to say that her family ran out of money last month and she doesn't have any money left to provide food for them.

My heart dropped and as I looked at my hearty soup I realized in an instant how lucky I am. I did a little research and got some numbers for her. I called her back, gave her the info, and wished her luck. Now I'm sitting here and I can't quite tell you how I feel - I should be happy to realize how lucky I am. But I neither feel happy or sad....

A lot has been going on in my brain and life. More posts to come when I have time.

No comments:

Post a Comment