Thursday, May 21, 2009

best show ever

Life is great. Last night was the Coldplay concert and it was by far the best concert I have ever been to. We started by parking at Julia's house and walking to the amphitheatre. We had a big group of people so we all spread out over blankets. The sun set and the stars came out - the best ambiance for a concert. We laughed, we sang, we hugged, and we danced. We frolicked and danced around the lawn as the rhythm and sound of Chris Martins voice washed over us. I felt like a hippie at Woodstock. I have a lot of new friends in my life and I have to say that they are quality people. I don't feel the need to act like someone I'm not in front of them. I'm blessed to be surrounded by such beautiful people on the inside and out. Here's a taste of the goodness...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Tonight we are heading to the opening of Sky Bar down at the beach. Em is awesome and is giving us tickets. I know I'm going to hate my life tomorrow at work when I can't keep my eyes open - but it will be worth it.

I got an email from my agent in NYC today. She wants me to come up to the city for an audition for an underwear commercial / photoshoot. I can't go b/c of the job...FAIL. I'm am totally bummed because I would L O V E to land that gig. She said it's a very prestigious client but she couldn't release the name. I'm trying not to be bummed - I'm just trusting the Lord on this one and knowing that he's got me right where I need to be. It's still hard though (ggrrrr).

On the flip side work has been great lately. I feel like I'm actually apart of the team now and that I'm contributing to things. Feels good. Today we got to see a video of what happens when we put a fabric donation to good use in Niger. It was given to a man who was a Muslim but gave his life to the Lord and was disowned from his family and family business.The man used it to make curtains, employed women who didn't have jobs, and turned it into a business. The business got bigger and bigger and now he's designing clothes for the president and all kinds of dignitaries. Amazing story - I guess I can get more satisfaction out of providing things like this rather than getting in front of a camera in my undies huh? I think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment