Sunday, May 10, 2009

food for the eye

Photobucket
Found this picture today while looking at a modeling and photography website. The photographer is 16 and I think it's amazing what she's captured here. This is the perfect picture of the message that many young women are sent and believe about themselves. They don't believe that they are worth any more than this, therefore they do not expect anything more messages like this. It breaks my heart just looking at the picture but it's reality. This must change.

This is art from one of my favorite artist Kelli Murray. Her influences are famous graffiti artists. Her favorite thing about her art is the emotion portrayed in the eyes of the characters in her sketches and paintings. Most of all, she believes it's important to relay a positive message through her art. I love this. With so many negative messages swirling around us, it's refreshing to look at these. I'm thinking about getting one of these pictures for my office!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment